Sample New York State DMV Photo Documents
You must visit your local DMV or complete your transaction by mail if you
- have a license or permit from a different state
- recently replaced your license, permit or non-driver ID and haven't received the new one in the mail yet
- have a temporary (interim) license, permit or non-driver ID
- Cannot locate your document number
- 9-digit number at the top of your license, permit or non-driver ID (also called Client ID Number).
- 011061999 Get Before High Anthony Exp Age Id Picture My 21 2020 Fn Card Ln Identification Sex Luis Smoked Look 01062023 0228201 When Dd02282017619bibbfdi23 So Iss Lb Over Dob Hair Wgt 120 10 5' Pulled In Aguirre Hgt Alifornia I Normal Brn Eyes Your ID Number identifies you.
- does not change when you renew or replace your license, non-driver ID or permit
- is a 8 or 10-digit combination of numbers and letters on your license, permit or non-driver ID.
- identifies your document
- changes when you renew or replace your document
- is on the front lower right corner, if your card was issued before January 28, 2014
- is on the back, if your card was issued after January 28, 2014
- needs to be from your most recently issued license, non-driver ID or permit to access MyDMV or register to vote
Driver License, Learner Permit & Non-Driver ID (Over 21)
Driver License, Learner Permit & Non-driver ID (Under 21)
Enhanced Driver License, Learner Permit & Non-Driver ID (EDL)
On enhanced documents issued after 1/28/2014, the document number begins after 'IDUSA' and is on the back of the document.